Monday, August 10, 2009

The Washington Post: My First Published Clip

Now, why didn't I think of this before?

I wandered around in a general delirium for weeks, silly-headed over the fact that I have finally been published, and did not think to take advantage of my own platform here to broadcast the exciting news.
What could be more exciting to a writer than her first publsihed clip? I can think of two things right off the bat:
1. The paycheck (that is still sitting, untarnished, on my dining room table)
2. I was invited to write the piece

Hallelujah! I'M IN PRINT! And on the internet! And no one has taken my piece off the internet- which is even more life-confirming. Here it is, the little piece:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/02/AR2009060200833.html

Hope you enjoyed it, brief as it was. I will be submitting a longer piece to a magazine this month. Wish me success! Share

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!