Monday, March 30, 2009

Art Show Opening- Friday, April 3, 2009

Friends,
I'm thrilled to have four pieces in an upcoming exhibit later this week. The show will hang for two months at Nashville's Centennial Arts Center. This is the first year I've had a large mailing list to which I've sent the announcement, and I look forward to having my friends represented at the opening this Friday evening. Difficult times are high-yield times for painters and other artisans; I've been a prolific painter, writer and baker of late!

The first image ia close-up of "Blood Red," a piece based on a poem written by a friend of mine, Phil Ciampa, M.D., after one of his earliest experiences performing surgery. I was entranced by the imagery. This piece is about 18x22", clayboard with acrylics, gouache, and sumi ink.


The second image is a close-up of a piece I did on 24x24" clayboard for a photographer friend who did my PR photos. She is fabulously talented and equally fabulous to work with! Look her up: Kristina Marie Krug, www.Siren Studio.net. The words are from a poem by Carl Sandburg.

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know if you have any questions by e-mailing me at:
Laurie@letterdancer.com.
Share

1 comment:

  1. The more I see your work the more I like it. The mixing of Calligraphy and art is really neat and I have never seen it anywhere before but with your work. But that isn't really saying a lot from a guy like me. Maybe it's pretty common, I just don't know since you and my 8 year old daughter are the only artists that I know 8>)! Maybe one day I will have a piece of yours hanging my living room and /or office. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!